Monday 9 January 2017

new year, same (but better) me

Honestly, I'm not a big fan of resolutions. Or at least specific resolutions. The pressure is too high and it's just unnecessary stress. I can understand that they work fabulously for some, but not me. One year I tried not to eat any chocolate and I completely forgot one morning, probably three days in, and had some chocolate cereal. I felt so disheartened that the tears began to flow. Let's bear in mind that I was probably nine years old at the time. 

I do want to document a couple of resolutions I have for this year, just for myself so I have something solid to look back on.

So here's to 2017.




1. BE MORE PRODUCTIVE

This is definitely something I say every single year, but I always feel that I could be doing more. Life is busy, and it's very tempting to take a nap or just watch Netflix after a long day but that's not what I want to prioritise. Of course, taking a break is crucial but only when necessary. I want to make the most of my everyday. Be that in wearing a funkier outfit, and sharing that with the world, starting my homework earlier or even planning various social media posts. I want to work to the fullest in every outlet possible, in school and all other fields.


2. PRIORITISE MYSELF

Last year my new years resolution was to say yes to more things. I think that I definitely achieved that this year, but perhaps too much. I would say yes to things I didn't want to do and exhaust myself. So, this year I want to prioritise myself. I actually find this really difficult. I would drop anything and everything if someone I loved needed me, and of course that isn't going to change, but I do need to focus on my own health and do a couple more self care activities. I've never had a problem with being worried about what other people think of me, but I want to take this to the next level and be even more bold in who I am.



3. WEAR MORE FUNKY TROUSERS

I love the look of a sleek pair of trousers, and until very recently I had none in my wardrobe. I now own two lovely pairs of black trousers, but 2017 will be the year that I branch out in the trouser department. I'm big into comfortable fashion, therefore trousers are a fabulous way to spice up an outfit and still remain comfortable. Watch out trousers, I'm coming for you.

4. READ MORE, ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING

I feel as though I am a pretty well informed person. I'm up to do date on current events, especially in the worlds of politics and fashion, yet there is always more knowledge to clutch onto. If I want to do any form of writing in my life, which I do, I have got to read more. Specifically, magazines and books. I'm doing a fair amount of purchasing on this front in the hopes it will inspire me to actually open them up. I'm a pretty slow reader so I am often discouraged by this. I do a lot of travelling, so instead of sleeping on planes and trains and whatnot perhaps I should open up a book every once in a while.


1 comment:

  1. Awww such lovely goals, I definitely love number 3 haha! Your blog is so pretty and dreamy, I love it :D xx

    elizabeth ♡ ”Ice Cream” whispers Clara
    (lets follow each other on bloglovin or instagram)

    ReplyDelete