Monday 22 August 2016

introducing 'here's my yesterday/yesterweek'

I continue talk about my love and, almost, need to document things. I consistently do this through photographs. However, I do not feel fulfilled through the documentation of these photographs with minimal text. I want to continue to document my outfits and my travels but I want to increase the documentations of my thoughts and feelings. 

(I didn't want to do a post without photos, so here are some cute photobooth pics I found of myself.)



In one of his vlogs Casey Neistat explained that, as a film maker, he feels it is important to make a film everyday. I could not agree more. As an artist you should be doing something to do with your creative outlet every single day - I don't think I'm explaining this very well but you understand what I mean. 

I want, I think, so be a journalist. I don't know if all people would consider journalism as an art and I don't know if I always do; but the find I want to do is most definitely going to be leaning towards that side. Currently I'm thinking fashion journalism but who knows. Whatever I end up doing I know it is to involve writing and photography. The photography happens naturally, it is a large part of my day to day, but I really want to increase the amount of writing I'm doing. I sometimes find the task quite daunting and ending up becoming, uncharacteristically, a  perfectionist about it. Editing it down too much and it ending up seeming like an extended caption rather than anything of substance. Writing more will change this. I want to remove the pressure and use this outlet to document my thoughts and feelings on a regular basis. The writing doesn't need to be perfect, it needs to be frequent. I'm searching for my voice and the only way that will come is from writing more. No one has to read it, but it needs to be happening. 

As a result of all of this, I am introducing 'here's my yesterday' or perhaps on a more regular basis 'here's my yesterweek'. If I have a significant day or a significant event

I want to get it down and post it. However, when I'm back at college and am no longer experiencing the bliss of summer, things are to be more hectic and a weekly recap may be more realistic. Essentially it's going to be a pretentious diary, but I'm fine with no one reading it, it's for myself.

I feel like this has all been a bit of a bizarre ramble. So to conclude this explanation -

I'm going to be writing more because writing is my thing, hopefully. 


As I said in a previous post this weekend has been full of moodiness and, I guess you could say, a little bit of self pity. (And yes I'm still listening to ANTI). The establishment of this new writing scheme, making me feel productive, has slightly helped. People are just letting me down. But I also haven't really had any plans this weekend. Next week is going to be busy and I'm happy about that.

I used to be a real home body. In regards to that I think I've changed this summer. I'm running on less sleep, because I've been so busy, but I feel happy about that. I want to keep this up for when I go back to college. I often got so tired and went to bed and missed out on opportunities. So let's stay in the minimal sleep routine haha. Sounds very unhealthy but I was getting too much sleep I think, and then I needed it to function. Whereas now I'm good on a lot. Don't worry it is still enough sleep - selfcare always takes precedence. 

I think I'm going to bring this post to a close, and the next will start fresh. 

Ta ta xx

1 comment:

  1. Christian Louboutin Pumps are so famous for the luxurious and distinctively styled designs, which enhances personal vogue taste and make it easy to match with varied dressing ways.
    Christian Louboutin Pumps 12CM White Patent Leather Pointed
    Christian Louboutin Pumps 12CM Yellow Patent Leather Wavy pointed
    Christian Louboutin Pumps 12CM Black Matte Rhinestone
    cheap christian louboutin pumps sale online and free shipping
    http://www.clsneakersmall.com
    .

    ReplyDelete