Thursday 21 August 2014

Edinburgh Festival (+CUTTING MY HAIR FOR CHARITY)

It's that time of year again.

Time for the Edinburgh Festival

Going to Edinburgh every summer at the start of August is always my favourite trip of the year. Having so many shows, artists and different cultures all in the same place at the same time is so exciting to me. 

If you ever get a chance to go to the festival I would highly recommend it. 

As I have been filming a lot this summer I did make a video of the few clips I filmed over my time in Edinburgh -






My parents and I got on the train to Edinburgh bright and early, only a day after landing from Saint Lucia. I was so exhausted I didn't quite know what to do with myself; thankfully I slept almost the whole way there.

As exhibited in the photos, clearly one pillow was not enough.


To me the Edinburgh Festival is all about seeing show after show until you are so hungry you must eat something or you are about to fall asleep. 

I saw at least four shows on most days.


Day one:
Pete Firman: Trickster


Day two:
Worbey and Farrell: In Perfect Harmony
Charlie O'Connor: Dandyisms 
Vikki Stone: Instrumental
Tom Thum and Jamie MacDowell
Shit-faced Shakespeare


Day 3:
Animal Farm
Kingmaker
Charlie O'Connor: Dandyisms
Kraken: Squidboy
Womanz
Spank


Day 4:
Lungs
The Match Game
Tom Thum and Jamie MacDowell
Ennio Marchetto: The Living Paper Cartoon


Day 5:
Best of the Fest
The Oxford Review
Charlie O'Connor: Dandyisms
David O'Doherty: Has Checked Everything
Carl Donnolly: Now That's What I Carl Donnolly Vol.6



My three favourite acts were Tom Thum and Jamie MacDowell, Charlie O'Connor and Carl Donnolly.



Tom Thum and Jamie MacDowell's CDs are constantly on repeat in my room and two of their tracks have been used in my most recent YouTube videos. They're so so incredible and such a unique act.




Charlie O'Connor's show is so clever and witty it had me in hysterics. During the rainy afternoons Kitty, Florence, Dylan and I flyered the Edinburgh streets for Charlie and no one was ever disappointed. 



Carl Donnolly had Florence, Kitty and I in tears of laughter. Need I say more? I think not.



Flyering pictures -




A lot of tea was consumed to keep spirits high whilst flyering in the rain. We received a lot of rejection and a lot of false hope; important life lessons were most definitely learnt.




ALSO...

Very exciting news. 

I have wanted to do this for a very long while and the date is finally booked. On the the 2nd September I am going to get at least seven inches of my hair cut off for the Little Princess Trust. I am so excited but also very nervous. I haven't had really short hair since I was about seven years old. I have set a goal of raising £500 and if you want to sponsor me, or just track my progress, here is my just giving page -


 Every penny is appreciated so so much. 


14 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a great time! That's somewhere that I have never visited before but have always wanted to.
    Congrats on having your hair cut off, I'm sure it will really suit you and it's for such a great charity :)

    http://trendofdays.blogspot.co.uk
    @trendofdays
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Edinburgh festival looks amazing - so jel! Wish I could have gone, and so proud of you for cutting your hair!x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like fun! I love the video you made and all the pictures.
    And good for you on cutting your hair for them.
    Jesus! A whole seven inches.
    Lovely blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. great images, looks like you had a great time. x

    http://www.thestylemma.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/all-black-leather-grey.html
    Twitter: @thestylemma
    Instagram: @thestylemma
    Facebook: Thestylemma

    ReplyDelete
  5. great pics....seemed you had an amazing time. It is also amazing and truly inspiring what youre doing for charity. keep up the good work!

    itsjustshalay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so jealous you got to go to the Fringe! I have always wanted to go and even though I live in Scotland I have only ever managed to go for about an hour once.

    www.rachelsfashionpatch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete